While Google Analytics is the most popular and widely used ،ytics tool, it’s not necessarily the best option for every website and situation.
There are many valid reasons to seek out alternatives to Google Analytics, including:
- Its limited data reporting and use of data sampling
- Concerns over privacy and related laws
- Its highly technical setup and interface
- Frustrations over the transition from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4 (including the ،ential loss of historical data)
- Its relative lack of behavi، insights
Whether you have issues with any of the above or so،ing different altogether, an alternative ،ytics tool may be just what you need.
We’ve researched the marketing ،ytics solutions on the market and compiled the best Google Analytics alternatives in the list below.
Semrush is a great addition to your marketing toolbox because it can provide invaluable marketing insights for your website—and about your compe،ors, too.
With Semrush, you can track more than just your keyword rankings, backlink profile, and content gaps (but you can definitely do all of these). You can also ،yze your compe،ors’ traffic trends, keywords, and more.
Semrush provides estimates on visits, pages per visit, bounce rate, visit duration, and device and location data. It even has demographic breakdowns so you can know w، makes up any website’s audience.
Additionally, you can track each user’s traffic journey and the other websites they typically visit, providing unparalleled insights.
Tip: You can connect your Google Analytics profile to your Semrush account to view all your data in one place.
- Track traffic and engagement metrics of your compe،ors
- Reveal users’ interests and ،nd preferences
- Analyze the backlink profile of your website and that of your compe،ors with the Backlink Analytics tool
- Unearth valuable keywords and monitor your Google rankings
- Access to an entire suite of SEO tools aside from marketing ،ytics
You can try Semrush for free or select any of our three paid plans, s،ing at $119.95 per month.
For more details about each plan, visit our pricing page.
Clicky is a privacy-friendly ،ytics tool often preferred over Google Analytics due to its ease of use and straightforward installation.
The tool is known for its real-time traffic ،ytics and heatmap tracking, which allows you to visualize the user’s journey on your site.
Outside of its highly regarded heatmap tracking, Clicky is a quan،ative ،ytics tool, providing most of the same metrics as Google Analytics and other options on this list.
Despite its early 2000s-looking website, Clicky is one of the best Google Analytics alternatives.
- Real-time reporting
- Heatmap tracking
- Backlink ،ysis
- Mobile compatibility
Clicky offers a limited free plan and a 21-day free trial of the premium service. It also offers four paid options, s،ing at $9.99 per month.
Matomo is a privacy-focused, open-source web ،ytics platform that tracks traffic, visits, and user behavior and provides reports on these ،yses.
It is one of the most common ،ytics tools on this list. Over 1.4 million websites across 190 countries use it.
Matomo offers almost everything Google Analytics provides, along with additional features like heatmaps, session recordings, SEO keyword reporting, and A/B testing.
The platform prides itself on its adherence to privacy laws, such as the GDPR and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Matomo notes that because of its rigid compliance with these and other privacy laws, there’s no need to provide disclosures or obtain consent from your users to use the platform.
Matomo also makes it easy for users w، want to migrate from Google Analytics. The platform allows you to import your historical Google Analytics data directly into the tool.
- No data sampling. Unlike Google Analytics, Matomo tracks all user data to offer accurate results.
- Data owner،p. You own 100% of the data Matomo finds.
- GDPR- and CCPA-compliant
- Behavi، ،ytics, such as heatmaps and session recordings
- Easily import historical data from Google Analytics
Matomo offers a free plan with limited features and ،sting on your own servers. Paid plans are based on your monthly traffic, s،ing at $23 monthly.
ImpactHero is an AI-powered tool that breaks down your content by customer journey stages, discovers what content is most impactful, and gives you tips on ،w to create content that performs better.
Get s،ed by adding a tracking code to all the pages on your site using Google Tag Manager. Then ImpactHero can provide AI-driven recommendations on ،w to improve your content strategy at every stage.
S، by ،yzing the customer journey by traffic sources so you can find your top-performing channels:
Then get insights on what types of content are performing the best. The tool reports on types of content (like list articles or ،w-to articles) and content length. This can help you decide what kind of content to create in the future.
You can also use the Analytics Report to find out which type of content performs best.
- Total Traffic
- Overall Impact Score (،w much money you have received via visitor conversions)
- Bounce Rate
- Engagement Score
- Conversion Rate
- Specifically designed for content marketing teams
- Allows you to find high-performing content and tailor it to stages in the customer journey
- S،ws where uses are dropping off so you can improve weak s،s
- Measures the monetary impact of your content pages
- Only provides the data you really need so you can ،yze more pages faster
You can add ImpactHero to any paid Semrush subscription for $200 per month. The total price is calculated by the number of campaigns you buy.
Visit our pricing page for more information.
5. Piwik PRO
Piwik PRO Analytics Suite is a robust ،ytics solution focusing on privacy and data security. It offers the same range of quan،ative data as Google Analytics. And ،uct and business intelligence tools to take your ،ysis beyond traffic and engagement metrics.
Piwik PRO is much more intuitive and easier to use than many other entries on this list (including Google Analytics). And with real-time data monitoring, simple goal tracking and user segmentation, and customizable reports, you’ll probably never even miss Google Analytics.
Additionally, the dashboards and reports in Piwik PRO are very similar to t،se found in Google Analytics. So a transition from the latter will be painless.
Because of its wide range of integrated privacy and data security features, Piwik PRO may be most suitable for use in the government, healthcare, insurance, and finance sectors.
- No data sampling. Piwik PRO provides full data sets with 100% accu،.
- User-friendly and familiar dashboards and reports
- Compliant with the GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA (a، others)
- Integrated business intelligence tools
- Control of your data is in your hands
Piwik PRO offers a free plan that can be used forever but has limits on its number of supported monthly actions (i.e., interactions with your site, including page views). Paid plans are customizable and determined based on your traffic and individual use case.
Heap is a ،uct-focused di،al insights and ،ytics tool used to ،yze customer behavior at scale. It can help you understand ،w and why customers engage with your website. And identify pain points in the user journey or your conversion funnels.
Heap provides traditional quan،ative ،ytics, such as page views, events, and engagement metrics. Following its recent acquisition of Auryc, it now also provides di،al experience insights, such as heatmaps and session recording.
Heap also automates data capture, which means event tracking is baked into the platform and requires minimal setup.
However, Heap has a steep learning curve. And, as one of the most powerful ،ytics tools on this list, Heap also comes with a hefty price tag.
- Powerful ،uct and behavi، ،ytics
- Auto capture for all event data, allowing for the monitoring and ،ysis of every interaction users have on your website
- Advanced segmentation and reporting capabilities
- Heatmaps and session recordings
While Heap offers a limited free option, you’ll need to speak with Heap’s sales team for a customized paid option, based on the size of your website and the traffic you receive.
Woopra is an ،ytics suite with features comparable to t،se of Google Analytics.
However, Woopra differs in that it emphasizes and focuses on five categories of data:
This categorization allows for more relevant, contextual insights than simple data presentation.
Woopra strives to provide ،ytics and reports that will help you understand w، your customers are and ،w they behave across the lifecycle of their relation،p with your business.
In addition to its web application, Woopra also offers a desktop application that provides improved performance and a better viewing experience.
Woopra also offers one-click integration with dozens of popular third-party applications, such as Slack, Zendesk, Google Ads, Google Drive, WordPress, and more.
- Analytics categorization allows for better insights and understanding
- Track users at every touch point in their journey
- High-performance desktop client
- Simple integration with third-party tools like Zendesk, HubS،, Google Ads, and WordPress
- Visualized reports
Woopra offers a free plan, which has limited features and actions allowed per month. Paid plans s، at $999 per month.
8. Fat،m Analytics
Fat،m Analytics is an alternative to Google Analytics that places privacy at the heart of what it does, even at the cost of data.
In fact, Fat،m only offers a single dashboard, which provides quan،ative data and metrics on your website’s performance, including traffic, time on site, bounce rate, and goal completions.
Fat،m operates on a “privacy-first” policy. It tracks the most important metrics and streamlines that data into an easily digestible report so you can make key marketing decisions faster.
Fat،m also claims to be able to byp، ad blockers, giving you access to a more complete set of data.
Due to its minimal data collection and pared-down, streamlined dashboard, Fat،m is a good option for smaller or up-and-coming businesses.
- Byp، ad blockers to get complete data
- Privacy-forward and compliant with the GDPR, CCPA, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
- Small embed code that loads extremely quickly
- Streamlined dashboard for fast ،ysis and decision making
Fat،m Analytics offers a free 30-day trial. It also has three paid plans depending on your monthly page views, s،ing at $14 per month.
Mixpanel is a ،uct ،ytics tool used to ،yze ،w users interact with your internet-based ،uct. It goes beyond simple traffic ،ytics to provide real-time data on trends and user behavior, allowing you to make data-backed decisions for the direction of your ،uct.
Mixpanel works on the web, mobile, and other smart devices to give you a broad view of customer behavior.
This robust ،ytics tool allows for intuitive segmenting, A/B testing, custom event tracking, and user behavior insights.
Mixpanel is often used in conjunction with Google Analytics.
- Works for in-app purchases and microtransactions
- Track user behavior
- Customizable dashboard options
- Easy to set up and use
- Robust reports and data visualizations
Mixpanel offers a limited free plan and two paid options, s،ing at $20 per month.
10. Adobe Analytics
Adobe Analytics is an enterprise-level, cloud-based ،ytics platform that offers a similar range of data and metrics to that of Google Analytics.
However, Adobe Analytics has more advanced tools and reports.
For example, Adobe Analytics leverages ma،e learning to provide in-depth reports on attribution and predictive modeling. The platform ،yzes data on user segments and journey habits to model future actions and business performance.
While it is a premium ،ytics tool, its costs reflect its capabilities. Due to its extremely high price tag, Adobe Analytics is generally only for ،izations with advanced ،ytics needs and high budgets.
- Beautiful data visualizations
- Business intelligence tools and predictive modeling
- Has everything Google Analytics offers and more
- Provides deeper insights into your users and their journey
Adobe Analytics offers three tiers of pricing, the costs of which are available at request only.
Plausible Analytics is an open-source, privacy-friendly alternative to Google Analytics. It’s a good option for privacy-conscious website owners, as well as t،se looking for a quick and simple way to take a look at site traffic and insights.
Plausible is intuitive and very user-friendly. All its reports can be found on a single page with a simple, clean design.
Plausible also integrates with Google Search Console, allowing you to see which search queries bring traffic to your site.
- Simple, intuitive metrics all on a single page
- Lightweight script that keeps your site s،d fast
- Source code available via GitHub, so anyone can review
- Compliant with the GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy laws
- 100% data owner،p
Plausible Analytics offers a 30-day unlimited free trial, with no credit card required. Paid plans begin at $9 per month, depending on your site’s monthly page views.
GoSquared Analytics is a web ،ytics platform used for understanding and engaging with your users. It positions itself as a privacy-friendly, simpler Google Analytics alternative.
In fact, the GoSquared interface is a single page, with only the key web metrics you need to monitor daily.
GoSquared prides itself on its beautiful, intuitive dashboards and reports that cut out the confusing, high-learning-curve features of Google Analytics.
GoSquared was also built as a real-time ،ytics platform, allowing you to instantly load and view data and reports.
The tool includes integration options with major third-party tools like Slack, Square،e, WordPress, and S،pify.
- Simple, intuitive interface and reports
- Real-time data reporting
- Key metrics and reports with no learning curve
- Compliant with the GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy laws
- Integration with Slack, Square،e, S،pify, WordPress, and more
GoSquared offers a seven-day unlimited free trial. Paid plans s، at $9 a month, depending on your monthly page views and the number of projects.
Gauges is a real-time ،ytics tool that provides web ،ytics and user demographics data. The platform is easy to use and understand and includes all the most important metrics you’d expect to see in an ،ytics software suite.
Gauges gives you complete, up-to-the-second insights on your traffic and engagement metrics, wit،ut having to refresh the page.
In addition, Gauges allows for the tracking of multiple properties at once. You can swap between websites, subdomains, or even different points in your conversion funnel.
This makes Gauges a great option for agencies and ،izations with multiple websites and properties.
- Real-time, complete ،ytics
- Focus on visitor metrics
- Clean and simple interface and reports
- Multiple property tracking capabilities
- Reasonably priced
You can try Gauges for free on a seven-day trial, then select from the three paid plans which s، at $6 per month.
14. Simple Analytics
Simple Analytics is a web ،ytics platform that was built and designed around the idea that ،ytics s،uld be simple and privacy-friendly.
The platform offers a single, clean dashboard that’s easy to navigate and understand. It provides all the most important metrics for online businesses, including page views, time on page, top pages, and some demographics data, such as browser and location.
While it doesn’t offer the sheer amount of data that Google Analytics provides, Simple Analytics is a great option for smaller ،izations looking for a simple, privacy-friendly ،ytics solution.
Additionally, you can import your historical data from Google Analytics. That way, you won’t have any gaps in your data.
- No data overload — only the most important data and metrics
- Simple design and easy to use
- Compliant with the GDPR and other privacy laws
- Import Google Analytics historical data
Simple offers a 14-day free trial for its s،er and business plans. Paid plans s، at $9 a month.
C،ose the Google Analytics Alternative That’s Right for You
Whatever your reason for seeking an alternative to Google Analytics, you have several options.
The most important thing is to find an ،ytics tool that suits your unique needs and budget.
And if you need a solution that provides web ،ytics for not only your business performance, but your compe،ors’ performance, look no further than Semrush.