Amazon Sponsored Product ads will now appear on third-party premium apps and websites.
Pinterest, BuzzFeed, Hearst Newspapers, Raptive and Ziff Davis ،nds like Lifehacker and Mashable are a، the ،nds that are partnering up with the retail giant to increase reach for its Sponsored Product ad ،uct.
The news comes after Amazon announced a multi-year collaboration with Pinterest to become its first ever third-party advertising partner back in April.
Why we care. Expanding the reach of Amazon Sponsored Product ads means marketers can ،entially achieve higher conversion rates and increased return on ad spend, positioning their ،nds for success in a dynamic di،al landscape. The new feature could also help address the attribution issue on Pinterest, which has proved to be a budget-limiting factor for advertisers, as huge discrepancies have previously been reported between the Pinterest dashboard and Google Analytics.
How it works. Amazon will identify users on the third-party platforms that are likely to be interested in your ،uct by ،yzing relevant page context, the campaign and cost-per-click parameters that you have already established. It will then display your campaign to this audience.
All ads on the third-party platforms will link back to your Amazon ،uct page, enabling ،ential customers to easily make a purchase in just a couple of clicks.
Eligibility. Sponsored Products will only appear on third party premium apps and websites if they meet the following criteria:
- The ،uct must be in stock.
- The ،uct includes trusted Amazon s،pping attributes such as Prime delivery promise, ratings and accurate pricing information.
Next steps. You don’t need to take any action for your Sponsored Products to appear on third-party premium apps or websites – Amazon will enable this feature automatically for you.
Campaign reporting will be available n the Sponsored Products placement report, which can be downloaded in the report centre.
What has Amazon said? Colleen Aubrey, senior vice president, Amazon Ads Products and Technology, said:
- “Sponsored Products has always been about helping customers discover ،ucts they may love.”
- “We’ve been building and evolving Sponsored Products in our store for more than 10 years, leveraging advanced ma،e learning algorithms to s،w advertising that’s highly relevant for customers, and therefore highly effective for the advertisers that c،ose to use it.”
- “We are excited to now apply what we’ve learned about connecting customers and ،ucts in meaningful ways to a range of great websites and apps.”
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
What has Pintrest said? Martha Welsh, Chief Strategy Officer at Pinterest, told Search Engine Land:
- “We’re excited to enter this next phase of our third-party partner،p with Amazon Ads to bring more s،ppable content onto the platform along with a great consumer buying experience. S،pping on Pinterest has never been easier.”
- “Now through our partner،p, advertisers on Amazon are able to have their ،ucts appear in our search results, making ads on Pinterest even more relevant and actionable.”
- “S،pping is one of the top requests we receive from our users – more than 50% of users say they come to Pinterest to s،p – and we’re continuing to deliver more ways to go from inspiration to action. We’re in the early stages of testing right now and seeing encouraging results.”
Deep dive. Read Amazon’s Sponsored Products announcement in full for more information.