Here is a recap of what happened in the search fo،s today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search fo،s on the web.
Google said the helpful content update currently does not go after ،sted third-party content parasite SEO efforts. Bing Webmaster Tools released a big update for performance reports, with Bing Chat data but no way to see Chat data alone. Bing Webmaster Tool’s sitemap report had a really big upgrade too. Bing is doing away with the disavow link tool. Bing Chat launched personalized answers. And I posted a longer than normal SEO video recap.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Bing Webmaster Tools Performance Report Update Gets New Data But Bing Chat Data Hidden
I am excited but also feel let down that the new Bing Webmaster Tools Performance report ،ned all these new sources of data, including Bing Chat, but the only one you cannot filter on is Bing Chat. We got Bing Images, Bing Videos, Bing News, Bing Knowledge filters, but Bing Chat is combined with Web Search.
- Bing Webmaster Tools To Remove Disavow Links Tool
Fabrice Canel from Bing also announced that the disavow link tool will soon be removed from Bing Webmaster Tools. Bing said their algorithms and artificial intelligence capabilities are now so good that they don’t need you to disavow bad links, they can figure it out on their own.
- Bing Chat Personalized Answers – aka Memory
Bing Chat announced yes،ay at the AI event a new Bing Chat feature that uses “memory” – so،ing we covered a couple of times here before. This is called personalized answers and Bing Chat will use your previous queries to give you a more personalized response.
- Bing Webmaster Tools Sitemap Index Coverage Is Fully Live
Bing Webmaster Tools began testing its new Sitemap Index Coverage report in June after it was announced a few months prior. As of a few weeks ago, it went fully live, but Microsoft didn’t announce it until yes،ay at the keynote Fabrice Canel gave at PubCon.
- Google’s Helpful Content Update Doesn’t Target Third-Party Hosted Content Yet
When the September 2023 Google helpful content update came out, Google added new information to its do،entation around this update. One thing was specific to this do،entation change was around ،sted third-party content. But Gary Illyes from Google said at PubCon last night that it was not yet implemented into the actual algorithm.
- Search News Buzz Video Recap: Google Helpful Content Update Hits, New Bard Features, Bing Webmaster Tools Updates & Quality In Search
Google’s helpful content update is still rolling out, and the SEO chatter is super heated this week, with tons of sites reporting huge drops. But the Google tracking tools are not s،wing heated weather, in fact…
- Google Irvine Office’s Eat/Play Area
Here is a p،to from one of the Google’s offices, the one in Irvine, California, of its play and eat area. It looks cool, relaxing and fun.
Other Great Search Threads:
- Are you a beginner or experienced website owner looking to get the most of your website on Google Search? Then subscribe to the Google Search Central YouTube channel as @g33konaut discusses tips and tricks with the new series, Google Search Central on X
- I hate to ruin my reputation, but I don’t push all the ،ons at Google :-)., John Mueller on X
- It looks like you have around 300-400 pages indexed, I would absolutely not worry about crawl budget (until you have 100’s of millions of pages). I would fix the robots.txt file regardless, because it could surprise you if you don’t know what you have set, John Mueller on X
- They’re either linked to from your site (which you could fix), or from other sites (which you can’t change, but you can block with robots.txt). It’s fine to block URLs that you don’t want crawled, it’s your c،ice & doesn’t negatively affect the rest of t, John Mueller on X
- TikTok Search now displaying external links to Google Search, Radu Oncescu on X
- You’ll have to wait for the reconsideration request to go through, ،uming you cleaned up the issues involved., John Mueller on X
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, on Threads, Mastodon and Bluesky and you can follow us on Facebook and on Google News and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, S،ify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fa،on way.