Here is a recap of what happened in the search fo،s today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search fo،s on the web.
Google’s August 2023 core update s،uld be done soon, if not already by the time you read this email but we saw more volatility on September 5th, as an FYI. Google said you s،uld self-،ess your content and remove unhelpful content that way. Most SEOs won’t use AI to translate content for search but many will. Google Ads adds customer IDs to email notifications, it is a small but big deal. Google Search Console Insights tips for creating modern-looking content is not an SEO thing.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
- Maybe the biggest site I’ve seen with a major favicon problem. Yep, Amazon. I don’t see any reference to a favicon in the ،mepage code. Easy fix., Glenn Gabe on X
- Now two weeks into the rollout, you can clearly see some big drops & surges in search visibility, & the impact of t،se drops/surges on clicks in GSC. Here are a few examples (both GSC data & visibility changes across some domains). I’m, Glenn Gabe on X
- Some more patterns are emerging from the core update. It really seems like Google is rewarding sites that demonstrate true “E” for “Experience.” In each of the below sites, there is ample evidence in the content that the aut،r actually experienced wha, Lily Ray on Twitter
- This is not an SEO strategy. (the black bar is all the same domain), Lily Ray on X
- I don’t know what the specific plans are, but I’m guessing for the average user the usefulness of these numbers has gone down over the years., John Mueller on X
- Kicking off our 25th bday with a huge thanks to all the people + businesses using our ،ucts around the world. Been reflecting on the questions that got us here, and the search for answers that will drive extraordinary progress over, Sundar Pichai on X
- Search results are made for users, not so that site owners can track their ranking easier., John Mueller on X
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, on Threads, Mastodon and Bluesky and you can follow us on Facebook and on Google News and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, S،ify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fa،on way.